MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Request A tutorial About how to use that hash password Encryption
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=976

DVZ Hash

i know is write only a Webmaster familiard with password encryption are recommended But I want to ask here this is a good idea to use this or not ?

password encryption with 256 bit aes encryption ? I speak about security is good ? How to use in the read.me Is explained a little bit but i dont understand about how to use .. can any made a tutorial ? is working with the last version of mybb ?
Hello, here is a tutorial.
Only I got an error after following the steps, you might be more succesfull!
Be careful if you don't know much about this. Always make a good backup first!

https://community.mybb.com/thread-226036.html
(2020-07-23, 09:37 PM)Jopie Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, here is a tutorial.
Only I got an error after following the steps, you might be more succesfull!
Be careful if you don't know much about this. Always make a good backup first!

https://community.mybb.com/thread-226036.html

thank you for advice and tutorial I will finnaly maybe wait before because is not my first time to re install all .. Confused in 30 day i have re install the board + 15 time .. with test certain plugins not working or or too old .. the Edit log plugin have make my admin account crash when i want to see the board with the admin account Confused is an example
I'd master database backup and restore before I messed with that too much.  Matter of fact, before I change things in my test environment, do a mysqldump with the --add-drop-table option.  So I can roll the db back without issue.  Execute 2 commands and I'm where I started.  Also use that option on our live board for our backup - for the same reason.

Also means I can take those files and create our board anywhere, as long as the support software exists and is a similar version.

So another "must have" in your toolbox is tar - to build an archive of your files.  Files plus database, you're covered.  Takes a little work to understand how to create and extract a 'tarball', but well worth the effort.
(2020-07-23, 04:38 PM)malcom5322 Wrote: [ -> ]password encryption with 256 bit aes encryption ?

Just use bcrypt. Don’t overengineer.
(2020-07-23, 11:27 PM)s3_gunzel Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-07-23, 04:38 PM)malcom5322 Wrote: [ -> ]password encryption with 256 bit aes encryption ?

I think this is the best advice. Is it safe enough you think?
I see all kind of advice not to use it on the web vs argon2id
(2020-07-24, 10:30 AM)Jopie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-07-23, 11:27 PM)s3_gunzel Wrote: [ -> ]

I think this is the best advice. Is it safe enough you think?

I’m a qualified systems administrator and I use it on my systems. I would not be recommending it if I did not trust it.
well thanks you guy