MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem when upgraded to PHP 7.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MyBB (v1.8.22) was installed and configured on my site when I was at version PHP 5.5 and all worked great.  Yesterday, I had to upgrade my PHP version to 7.0 and now myBB no longer works and gives the following error:

MyBB has experienced an internal error and cannot continue.

Error Type:MyBB Error (44)

Error Message:MyBB was unable to load the SQL extension. Please contact the MyBB Group for support.

Anyone have any ideas what I can do to get it back running?

Thanks...

As a side note, when I get the hosting service to flip it back to PHP 5.5, myBB works again.  But I need to be at PHP 7.0 minimum to continue with this service.
You need your hosting folks check what extensions are loaded with php 7.0 and make the required adjustments.  At a minimum, you need SimpleXML, mbstring, gd, and the database extension (like mysqli).  Source - https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/install/requirements/

Went through this when we switched up to php 7.3 from 5.6.  With the DirectAdmin web panel, could toggle the php version, but no idea what extensions would be loaded.  So I asked - and the list was OK.  Made the switch, and all was good. Rolleyes

cheers...
Awesome. I will contact them immediately to ensure these minimum requirements are met.
Thanks for the help!!!!
config.php file in inc folder might be having mysql as database type.
you can try changing it to mysqli & then check if forum loads normal

$config['database']['type'] = 'mysqli';

[config.php file details]
AWESOME!!!!! That was it...both answers. I checked with hosting service and minimum requirements are now there but still did not fix the issue. However, .m. that was the fix to change database type.

THANKS SO MUCH>