MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrade from 1.8.22 to 1.8.23
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I followed the instructions and uploaded all the required files in changed files. However, when going to the actual upgrade page, it request me to sign in (with my admin/password), but despite many attempts, it never goes anywhere (it remains on the same page). I went to see if I'm able to login through Admin Panel, and I recieved Mybb Internal Error. I type in a "wrong password", and it takes make to reset it, but as stated earlier, unable due to the internal error.

Anyway to fix this?
you can try changing your password through database & use that password for logging in
(assuming that database tables prefix is mybb_ & your uid = 1)
UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `password` = 'newPassword' , salt = '' WHERE uid = '1';

[SQL queries guidance]
If I'm understanding this correctly, I go to PHPMyAdmin, select mybb_users, select "edit" on my username (it's uid=1) and change the password?
^ you can use query box at phpMyAdmin after selecting the database.

or
for edit method, you have to edit salt (remove value) & password
Okay, I changed the password using your method; however, it still remains on that same page.
for direct help, would you like to PM me temporary access to
your web host control panel & your forum admin account ...

you can change your passwords later.
I can check it asap unless there is an emergency ...
Sure! I'll get you the info right away.
^ updated forum should be working. please change given passwords.
I haven't checked changes in templates (takes lot of time)
As I said in the PM, thanks you for resolving the issue! Now I can finally get some rest Big Grin I'll take care all the passwords and templates changes since I made some modifications.

I forgot to ask what was preventing it from moving past the sign-in page?
^ regular error display was suppressed. not checked its exact cause.