MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Embed a discussion board within another website page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[attachment=43086]Hi all,

I am very new to myBB and web development (I have recently learned HTML, CSS, JS). I am currently doing a summer project for my uni and I have a task which seems common but I have no idea how to approach it.

Essentially, I am developing a webpage (shown attached on the right) for showing and marking practice questions and answers for students. Below the practice question, I want to have a discussion board where students can ask questions and respond to one another just as if each page was a different thread on a normal myBB website. I already have a myBB site set up (viewable at http://fluidiscussions.epizy.com/but I don't know how to link this to the site with all the questions. Each question is on a different web page too, so I would need multiple discussion threads, each embedded in a different webpage.

So far, the best I can do is to have my myBB-enabled site with an iframe which links to a premade thread within each question. 

Attached a picture of what I have so far (a myBB site on the left and a single example from the practice question website). The yellow annotations show that what I want to do is to get the thread from myBB and embed it below the question in the practice questions website. Essentially, this is a question about how to embed just a specific part on one website within another. If myBB has some kind of API (which I haven't been able to find) this might be very useful, so please let me know. Also note that there are many questions on the practice question website so an easily reproducible solution would be best! Smile)

If myBB is not the correct tool for job, please let me know which is.
I'm using myBB 1.8.23 with PHP 7.4 and MySQLi 5.6.48.

Thanks so much in advance to anyone who can help me out!  Heart Heart
The session class in /inc/class_session.php is used to maintain user sessions and read & write relevant cookies. For its usage, you may consult the global file /global.php.