MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrade from 1.8.19 to 1.8.23
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Today I wanted to upgrade my forum to the latest version 1.8.23.

I followed the instructions - but, when asked to which version I would like to upgrade I was presented to upgrade from 1.8.18 and the only version to which I could upgrade was 1.8.19, but this was already installed?!?

How can I overcome this situation?

Thanks for any advice
Thomas

Forum: www.bastelstube.wien
Did you download the latest files from MyBB and upload those to your forum? That is, MyBB 1.8.23 from https://mybb.com/download/ ?

See https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/install/upgrad...de-package

In this case, you need a full upgrade.

Which version is mentioned in the admin panel?
Uhh, seems I did not proceed as suggested. I wanted to do a single-version-update from 19 to 23, which is a so called Full Upgrade...

Okay, but as the description of such a Full Upgrade is more or less described as doing a New Installation, which does not describe what to with the backup of the SQL-dB, I decided to do multiple single-version updates instead: 19 to 20, 20 to 21, 21 to22 and finally from 22 to 23 :-)

But after I downloaded the respective update package mybb_1820 and uploaded the Upload directory as described in the upgrade-documentation, the updater still only allows to upgrade from 18 to 19, which is already installed?!!?

What irritates me too is, that in the upgrade documentation after the upgrade the deletion of the installer directory is recommended. But, the next upgrade will then use the upgrade.php from this directory again?!?

Thomas
Welcome to MyBB Community.
Quote:[...] decided to do multiple single-version updates instead
you can directly update to the latest available version.
Quote:[...] updater still only allows to upgrade from 18 to 19, which is already installed
probably there was something wrong with earlier installed version.
Quote:[...] the next upgrade will then use the upgrade.php from this directory again
it is updated file with new code added - not the same as earlier file.
however only some files have changed codes & different from previous version(s)

MyBB 1.8.23 release details (with changed files info) : MyBB 1.8.23
(2020-07-26, 12:50 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:[...] decided to do multiple single-version updates instead
you can directly update to the latest available version.
But this did not work!

Quote:[...] updater still only allows to upgrade from 18 to 19, which is already installed
probably there was something wrong with earlier installed version.
Yes, that is my assumption at the moment - but how to overcome this?

Quote:[...] the next upgrade will then use the upgrade.php from this directory again
it is updated file with new code added - not the same as earlier file.
however only some files have changed codes & different from previous version(s)
Cannot be updated if I delete, as suggested, the whole directory after the new installation/update finished!?

Thomas
^ removing install folder is not compulsory. it is a safety measure.

if your forum is of medium size then you may PM me temporary
access
to files (ftp) & admin account to check updating process .

[however, I may not be able to check it in next 16 hours]