MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: moderation tool
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So, the setting "Moderate new threads?" is what you need.
Just consider the groups you want to have this setting (Registered seems to be the good one) and think about promotion system if you want to automatically migrate users in a non-restricted group after a number of approved thread (it's just an example)
(2020-07-28, 11:32 AM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]So, the setting "Moderate new threads?" is what you need.
Just consider the groups you want to have this setting (Registered seems to be the good one) and think about promotion system if you want to automatically migrate users in a non-restricted group after a number of approved thread (it's just an example)
when i have moderate new thread in the group and that group post a new thread dont get like unapproved

any help me pls?
Provide url and test account (in moderated group)
(2020-07-28, 10:01 AM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]You have to edit the good user group (Home » User Groups » Edit User Group) and check "Moderate new threads?" in the Forums and posts tab

This is the closest feature to what you are asking.

Otherwise, a plugin might be required.
(2020-07-28, 10:50 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-07-28, 10:01 AM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]You have to edit the good user group (Home » User Groups » Edit User Group) and check "Moderate new threads?" in the Forums and posts tab

is that but, when i do thath this doesnt work
(2020-07-29, 08:37 AM)adriango Wrote: [ -> ]

(2020-07-28, 09:58 PM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]Provide url and test account (in moderated group)
(2020-07-29, 08:43 AM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-07-29, 08:37 AM)adriango Wrote: [ -> ]

(2020-07-28, 09:58 PM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]Provide url and test account (in moderated group)
i send u the url and acc on pm
You provide me a moderator access, I don't think you set this group as moderated.
Can you provide me a second account, which is in the moderated group ?

Problem solved...

Short explanation: the forums have custom permissions which override the group permission, so whatever the changement were done in the group, the forum kept its settings.

correction: remove custom permission for the group on the forums, and it works Smile
You are correct, custom forum permissions overwrite group permissions.

I think this is a limitation of the permissions system, as just changing at least 1 custom forum permissions sets (saves) all custom forum permissions. This shouldn't be the case IMO.
Very good to know.  What I thought was the solution couldn't make work - now  I know why. Confused

cheers...
Pages: 1 2