MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Bug system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Maybe add a bug tracking system?
So developers could approache to bug submitted tickets, fix the bug and close it.

This could build a change log of all the bug fixes and help with multiple bug submissions.

Just if anyone there has some free time Smile
Its a very good idea. But lets wait till myBB Gold comes out.
I like Gilded idea.

k776 Wrote:Its a very good idea. But lets wait till myBB Gold comes out.

Won't it be to late then for the system then?
No. When myBB Gold is released, there will still be bugs! The reason to wait till Gold is that if the bug system thing is setup now, it will mean longer for Gold to get released, as Chris will have to install, and get it all setup etc.
I seem to recall that there was going to be a bug tracker on the main site some time ago, but I'm not sure whatever happened to that idea...
I concur!

Also this is in the works:
Quote:Trouble Ticket Center
(Coming Soon) The trouble ticket system allows you to have a more privatised discussion with one of our technical support staff either by our web based ticket system or an email based system. Please note that there is a waiting time on this version of support, and that we do try our best to minimise these times.
Dennis Wrote:I concur!

Also this is in the works:
Quote:Trouble Ticket Center
(Coming Soon) The trouble ticket system allows you to have a more privatised discussion with one of our technical support staff either by our web based ticket system or an email based system. Please note that there is a waiting time on this version of support, and that we do try our best to minimise these times.

Ah all set than Smile
This is one of the things I suggested when I was added to the team, Chris said he liked the idea. I'm sure something like this will be around after gold is released.
just in case you need something whipped up quickly...I am using OSTicket which has it's own POP-account that is monitored by it by I believe a CRON-job....if I remember right....
Might do the job just fine for you guys....

cheers,
Kimmo