MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Shoutbox Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When i go to activate the shoutbox in the ACP it says:
mySQL error: 1136
Column count doesn't match value count at row 1
Query: INSERT INTO mybb_templates VALUES(NULL, 'shoutbox', ' $headerinclude $refresh
$multipage $shouts $multipage
Shoutbox
$addshout
', '-1')

What does it mean?
It seems I hadn't correctly updated the download archive for this mod when attempting to update this mod for MyBB 1.0.

This bug should now be fixed, so please try downloading and installing the shoutbox plugin again from http://mods.mybboard.com/view.php?did=176. Wink
ok I did that but i got another error. I think its the same.

mySQL error: 1050
Table 'mybb_shouts' already exists
Query: CREATE TABLE mybb_shouts ( sid smallint(6) NOT NULL auto_increment, uid smallint(6) NOT NULL default '0', username varchar(80) NOT NULL default '', message text NOT NULL, dateline bigint(30) NOT NULL default '0', ipaddress varchar(30) NOT NULL default '', PRIMARY KEY (sid) )
No its different but it still didnt work.
Ah, this error shows that the shoutbox table already exists in the mySQL database meaning that although your first attempt to install the plugin didn't work, the table was still created.

In order to fix this, you need to delete the table mybb_shouts. Are you able to do this through a tool such as phpMyAdmin? If not, let me know and I'll whip up a short script to do this for you.
Yeah, I can do that. I will be right back then.
Now i get the same error as the first one i posted. Is it the version im using. Im using mybb 1.0 . It says this again:

mySQL error: 1136
Query: INSERT INTO mybb_templates VALUES(NULL, 'shoutbox', ' $headerinclude $refresh
Shoutbox
$addshout
', '-1')
Hmm, that is strange.

Try replacing the shoutbox.php file in your inc/plugins directory with the file attached to this post. Then, delete the table mybb_shouts again (it was probably recreated in the last installation attempt) and then try to activate the plugin once more. I believe it should work this time. Smile
Hmmm. It still says the first thing. I dont know what had happened. Is it something with the mysql db? Sorry about this.
Actually it has something different before the error:

50);\">Shoutbox"; } ?>mySQL error: 1136
Shoutbox
$addshout
', '-1')
Pages: 1 2