MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: CHMOD permissions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I keep getting the error:

Warning: main(./inc/plugins/boardmsg.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/jhoeve/domains/darkangels.gamewide.nl/public_html/Forum/admin/plugins.php on line 103

Warning: main(): Failed opening './inc/plugins/boardmsg.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/jhoeve/domains/darkangels.gamewide.nl/public_html/Forum/admin/plugins.php on line 103

Every time I insert a mod file into the mod directory. It has two errors for eac mod. I have tried CHMODing admin and inc direvtories and admin.php and the mod file to 766 AND 777 and both don't work. Once in a while it stops loading the page at all and gives error needing me to reset the CHMOD. Could some1 tell me exactly what files to mod so I can get my board working?

-edit-
It started right after I clicked the activate button for one of the mods.
If it's anything to go by, plugins seem to work on this server when the plugins directory is CHMODed to 755. Additionally, the plugins within that directory are CHMODed to 644.

If it doesn't work with those settings then I'm not totally sure what the problem may be. In that case, I would recommend posting your problem on the official community board if you haven't already. Smile
I know you've said put make sure the folders and sub-folders are chmodded as well as the files.
You said your inc and plugins folders were chmodded, but what about all of the folders that your forums are in?

And the mod is question is probably trying to install itself so you don't have to edit anything.
I doubt it's a problem with MyBB because the plugin files are included which should work fine.
Is it Ok to go to the main forum directory, and CHMOD all subdirectories etc to 766?

-edit-

I did it any ways...and it worked.. I guess CHMODing just the specified files (readmes) is not enough :p:lol:
Yes it should be fine. Otherwise you won't be able to use plugins Wink

It is annoying having to do th esubfolders as well, but if you don't have access to the folder, I guess you don't have access to the files in it...

Glad it's working for you Smile