MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mass Mail not sending
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I HAVE FOUND THE SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM, THOUGH NOT WHAT I WOULD EXPECT TO DO EVERY TIME I WANT TO SEND MASS MAIL.
I WENT TO: THE TASKS MANAGER/SCHEDULED TASKS AND RAN THE MASS MAIL MANUALLY AND IT SENT RIGHT AWAY. I HAD SET THE MASS MAILING TO IMMEDIATELY BUT IT WAS WORKING AS SCHEDULED. SOMETHING NOT RIGHT IN THIS BUT AT LEAST I CAN SEND AND IT DOES SEND.
I have read some posts here about this problem but did not see any solution.
I have tried PHP and SMTP sending Mass Mail (in  fact I am testing with only one email address from one member I added for testing purposes).
I have also tested PHP using the file suggested for testing PHP and when testing the file it said Mail was sent by PHP.
I also changed the setting to SMTP instead of PHP.
I even added the line; 
ini_set("sendmail_from", "forum-AT-YOURDOMAIN.com");
to the functions.php file as indicated. 
But still the messages in Mass Mail remain in the Mass Mail Queue after doing all these changes (one by one not all the same time).

Can anyone help?
Have you tried to force the job to run, mass mailing isn't done immediately.
(2020-08-02, 05:13 AM)s3_gunzel Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried to force the job to run, mass mailing isn't done immediately.
Yes! I found out about that. I just edited my post above. Thank you for your answer anyway.
Thank you, this was helpful!