MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrade fromm 22-23 Version Dont change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, trying to upgrade to .23 from .22. Go through the complete process and says upgrade completed successfully delete the lock file and login. When logon in the admin cp the version is still 22 not 23 as well as the forum. Looking at the files it seems the files are not being over written. Has the same date from when the last upgrade was done. Believe I followed the procedure as documented. I used the changed_files_1823.zip that I downloaded from the site. Does anyone have any enlightenment on why this is happening and a possible fix, without installing a clean version and restoring database and other custom changes that have been made.

Now I have noticed at the competed install window 2 blue highlighted items to login from these links. Does one have to used these links to activate the upgrade? I remember doing this in one of my tries and when I login the version was .23 but the database was empty and lost all of the plugins. Any assistance would be appreciate. Thanks
So in terms of the ACP files not changing, have you renamed your ACP directory previously? When you are uploading the files any changes to that directory will be assumed it is still named /admin so you may need to manually rename the .23 admin folder to match the name of your current one.

If you take a backup of your current database and forum files you may PM me ftp details and a admin account and I can take a look when I get a minute for you.
(2020-08-02, 08:57 AM)Ben Wrote: [ -> ]So in terms of the ACP files not changing, have you renamed your ACP directory previously? When you are uploading the files any changes to that directory will be assumed it is still named /admin so you may need to manually rename the .23 admin folder to match the name of your current one.

If you take a backup of your current database and forum files you may PM me ftp details and a admin account and I can take a look when I get a minute for you.
The file folders of the forum were never changed from the initial install default. /admin is /admin
To my understanding the install script for the upgrade should sync the database and overwrite all files that are part of the upgrade in the assigned folders. Why did the script say upgrade successful. But found no evidence that it did with file dates and version. The upgrade documentation states that one needs to use the script to do the upgrade. Possible bug in script?
(2020-08-02, 03:34 PM)itwizard Wrote: [ -> ]To my understanding the install script for the upgrade should sync the database and overwrite all files that are part of the upgrade in the assigned folders. Why did the script say upgrade successful. But found no evidence that it did with file dates and version.

The upgrade process applies database changes, but files need to be overwritten manually.

Make sure that all files from the Changed Files package overwrite the old ones - you can verify it by downloading inc/class_core.php from the forum directory and checking the version number inside (like here: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/blob/mybb_1...re.php#L17).
(2020-08-02, 04:26 PM)Devilshakerz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-08-02, 03:34 PM)itwizard Wrote: [ -> ]To my understanding the install script for the upgrade should sync the database and overwrite all files that are part of the upgrade in the assigned folders. Why did the script say upgrade successful. But found no evidence that it did with file dates and version.

The upgrade process applies database changes, but files need to be overwritten manually.

Make sure that all files from the Changed FIles package overwrite the old ones - you can verify it by downloading inc/class_core.php from the forum directory and checking the version number inside (like here: https://github.com/mybb/mybb/blob/mybb_1...re.php#L17).
Thanks Devilshakerz your post help us out we are now at .23. Must have missed read the install documentation or missed something.
Thanks Again