MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Grammarly & MyBB - Bug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wasn't sure where to put this (please move if this section is incorrect).  It is a bug that is specific to MyBB but only with respect to a browser plugin (Grammarly) I use, and although I know not everyone uses Grammarly, I believe it is common enough to warrant me seeing if the bug can be resolved

Grammarly is a spell check plugin for browsers; it highlights bad spelling and suggests corrections.  On MyBB, when using Quick Reply, the Grammarly plugin breaks the forum which renders the plugin useless.  The issue is that the suggested edits from Grammarly along with the Grammarly icons that appear on the MyBB text box falls off the page, and when you try to scroll to these it falls off the page again creating an infinite scroll

Disable the plugin and the issue goes away; it only occurs on the "Quick Reply". It happens on my forum with RinEditor, but also on this community forum (i.e. the default editor)

I think it only started occurring after the recent MyBB update.  Not seen on any other website or Forum software

I'm guessing it is a CSS issue, so will have a dig around myself, but any help would be appreciated!
I have Grammarly and am not experiencing this issue. Maybe share a screenshot.
What browser are you using - I should have added further detail; I'm using Chrome (v 84.0.4147.105)

Just trying on FF, and all looks good so the issue is MyBB + Chrome + Grammarly
I had No sich issue.
Something May be interfering with your plugin.
My just advice is don't install so many plugins and Install only requires and needed.
Install only plugins by authenticated users. Don't go for more features to your board.
So many plugins then so many issues.
This is general advice. Don't take personally.
I always try first on my test board means I had created subdomain and test on it first.. If no any issue then and then i install on live board.
Thank you.
It's not a plugin, it's a browser extension

I've rediscovered Firefox and the issue doesn't occur, so Chrome specific. Not too bothered though seeing as it is just going to be me a small group. Think it must be CSS, but not had time to look