MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I changed my admin panel way HELP!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2020-08-03, 09:33 AM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]Imho, you have somewhere (in the root .htaccess ? in apache configuration ?)  a reference to admin/.htaccess
Find it and change the admin part into your new directory value.

Where is the apache configuration? I just have a cpanel.
I looked at the .htaccess there is no reference but in the htaccess-nginx.txt there are; 

# Note: You are able to choose a different name in the Admin CP. If you've done that you need to change it here too
location ~ /error.log 
{ 
    deny all; 
}

# Note: You are able to rename the admin directory. If you've done that, you need to change it here too
location /admin/backups {
    deny all;
}

What is that?
You're using apache, so htaccess-nginx is not used.

I can't understand why it tries to read /home/database/public_html/admin/.htaccess when your directory is /home/database/public_html/management/, peharps is there a setting in cpanel that you haven't change.
(2020-08-03, 01:11 PM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]You're using apache, so htaccess-nginx is not used.

I can't understand why it tries to read /home/database/public_html/admin/.htaccess when your directory is /home/database/public_html/management/, peharps is there a setting in cpanel that you haven't change.

Oh, you talk about the error log. But this was old. 
Now there is no log error. I solved that. I don't remember how can I solved this error log. 

When I solved this problem I saw these problems:

[HTAccess] Failed to open [/home/database/public_html/management/jscripts/jqueryui/.htaccess]: Permission denied
[HTAccess] Failed to open [/home/database/public_html/management/jscripts/codemirror/.htaccess]: Permission denied
[HTAccess] Failed to open [/home/database/public_html/management/jscripts/codemirror/.htaccess]: Permission denied
[HTAccess] Failed to open [/home/database/public_html/management/jscripts/jqueryui/.htaccess]: Permission denied

I gave some CHMOD permission and I made it default, this was solved there is no log error. But there is still that 403 problem. If I don't solve this problem, I have to use /admin. This is not big problem for me. The reason why I want to solve this problem is that maybe this problem may create another problem. 
Verify owner & group of /home/database/public_html/management/jscripts/jqueryui/ (or any faulty directory).
It must be the same as /home/database/public_html/images/ (another example, working directory).

If owners and/or group are different, give good owner/group: chown -R owner.group /home/database/public_html/management

Check permissions too, or force them:
directories: find /home/database/public_html/management/ -type d -exec chmod 755 {} \;
files: find /home/database/public_html/management/ -type g -exec chmod 644 {} \;
(2020-08-03, 03:01 PM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]Verify owner & group of /home/database/public_html/management/jscripts/jqueryui/ (or any faulty directory).
It must be the same as /home/database/public_html/images/ (another example, working directory).

If owners and/or group are different, give good owner/group: chown -R owner.group /home/database/public_html/management

Check permissions too, or force them:
directories: find /home/database/public_html/management/ -type d -exec chmod 755 {} \;
files: find /home/database/public_html/management/ -type g -exec chmod 644 {} \;

Yes this is same.
I don't know how can I force them on cpanel but I looked at these permissions manually. The directories are 755, the files are 644.

Anyway, when I make the name "management" to "admin", the 403 problem is solved. I think the problem is all about the name.
Pages: 1 2