MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Installation Hangs at "Table Population"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, and thanks in advance for any and all help.

I'm installing mybb_1823 in a MySQL environment. The installation gets to "Table Population" with no hiccups. At that point, after I click on "Next" I get a spinning browser for about 50 seconds and then this message:

"An error occurred.
Sorry, the page you are looking for is currently unavailable.
Please try again later.

If you are the system administrator of this resource then you should check the error log for details.
Faithfully yours, OpenResty."

I am not able to find the installation error log, but would be happy to look there and/or provide details is someone can point me to location. 

David
Welcome to MyBB Community.

have you tried to look at server error log as suggested in above message
(it should be in logs folder of your web server - above level of web site's main folder)
(2020-08-06, 12:12 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to MyBB Community.

have you tried to look at server error log as suggested in above message
(it should be in logs folder of your web server - above level of web site's main folder)

I found "error_log.2020_08-06" in 'log' folder. But when I try to open or download it I get "not readable" error. Ironic, huh?

I think it's because it's a 'root' file? I tried to chmod it but not allowed.

I'M OK NOW.

I was going in via a VPN. I turned that off and rebooted, then re-installed. Also connected at 5G instead of 2G. I'm not sure which of those two things (if either) made the difference, but successfully completed installation.
glad to know that your MyBB installation was successful Smile