MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How To Detect All Spy Bot (Bot) and Block them ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi , does exist a plugins to detect all spybot (new spybot) and Block them ? does exist a way to do Without plugins if an plugins for that does not exist ?

thanks
Have you checked your board settings under the General Configuration section in your ACP? You can change your Captcha methods to reCaptcha, hCaptcha. You may find one works better for your forum than the other.

We do have some more information on our docs site about spam prevention and the Captcha methods provided.

https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/administration/spam/
i cannot use that captcha for some reason but thanks you
Do you get any error message? You will need to sign up at the relevant Captcha's service website to recieve your public and private API keys to enable them to work.
(2020-08-08, 09:10 PM)Ben Wrote: [ -> ]Do you get any error message? You will need to sign up at the relevant Captcha's service website to recieve your public and private API keys to enable them to work.

no errror and okais thanks you

bot does exist a way to detect all spybot ? and block them ? without change of captcha
Don't believe 'spybot' is a term commonly used in a web hosting context.  You have good bots - bad bots -  with everything imaginable in between.  Few scenarios where you'd want to block them all.

And this is more of a web server discussion IMO.  MyBB has decent anti-spam measures - automated source or otherwise - but a bot block list is a bit out of scope.  I'd look more at your web server software for discussion and solutions.

Sure lots of folks administering live boards around here have their own favoured methods, but that information wouldn't be of much use unless you were in a similar environment.

Good security comes in layers.  Don't know of any 'one size fits all' solutions.  If one existed claiming to be - I'd be very sceptical - lol.
I also never heard of spybots Smile.

As for security, I'd add that for DOS/DDOS, bots security you could use a layer on top of your webhost such as CloudFlare (there are also many other alternatives).

This would block attacks even before they reach your website.
well thanks you + 1