MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Internal Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all.

After a very long weekend now I'm in need of some help. My server was hacked and basically annihilated, now I've got that together I've started rebuilding all the sites on there.

I've reinstalled MyBB and then re-uploaded the database for it and now simply get this error.

MyBB Internal Error
MyBB has experienced an internal error and cannot continue.

If you're a visitor of this website, please wait a few minutes and try again. If this problem persists, please contact the site owner.
If you are the site owner, please check the MyBB Documentation for help resolving common issues, or get technical help on the MyBB Community Forums.

Site is https://wbaunofficial.org.uk if anyone wishes to take a look.

There's no error shown in the server logs, I don't know if MyBB has an error logger I can check out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Which version was your previous MyBB ? Verify it was the same than the one you freshly installed.
If not, get the good version from https://mybb.com/versions/ and test with it.
Also check your inc/config.php and inc/settings.php to be sure they match your configuration.

Last point: before overwrite your DB, disable all plugins from ACP ( Home » Board Settings » General Configuration)
(2020-08-09, 03:23 PM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]Which version was your previous MyBB ? Verify it was the same than the one you freshly installed.
If not, get the good version from https://mybb.com/versions/ and test with it.
Also check your inc/config.php and inc/settings.php to be sure they match your configuration.

Last point: before overwrite your DB, disable all plugins from ACP ( Home » Board Settings » General Configuration)

Hello there im facing the same issues too, but my case i emailed my hosting "ionos.com" 
they said my database storage which is limited to 1 GB only got chunked / full .. its crazyy how mybb storage got full in just 1 month.

there is nothing they can do, i tried to delete and re make new database, also changed the inc/config.php database username, password, mySQL etc nothing works. it keeps showing the same thing !

MyBB Internal Error

If you're a visitor of this website, please wait a few minutes and try again. If this problem persists, please contact the site owner.
If you are the site owner, please check the MyBB Documentation for help resolving common issues, or get technical help on the MyBB Community Forums.

Is there any fix ?
Luckily i have a backup of the database.sql
but i tried to import in PHPmyadmin
but then nothing imported it took forever to upload. I closed it

So do i need to clean install and re install everything 
damn thats gonna be lot lot of work.
(2020-09-19, 05:08 AM)YashvirGaming Wrote: [ -> ]Hello there im facing the same issues too, but my case i emailed my hosting "ionos.com" 
they said my database storage which is limited to 1 GB only got chunked / full .. its crazyy how mybb storage got full in just 1 month.

there is nothing they can do, i tried to delete and re make new database, also changed the inc/config.php database username, password, mySQL etc nothing works. it keeps showing the same thing !

MyBB Internal Error

If you're a visitor of this website, please wait a few minutes and try again. If this problem persists, please contact the site owner
If you are the site owner, please check the MyBB Documentation for help resolving common issues, or get technical help on the MyBB Community Forums.

Is there any fix ?

Not a solution - but a question.  If you can access the db via phpmyadmin, be interested in knowing what are the the largest tables.  Might also give a clue as to what happened.  

cheers...
(2020-09-19, 05:08 PM)nixer55 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-09-19, 05:08 AM)YashvirGaming Wrote: [ -> ]Hello there im facing the same issues too, but my case i emailed my hosting "ionos.com" 

MyBB Internal Error

If you're a visitor of this website, please wait a few minutes and try again. If this problem persists, please contact the site owner

Is there any fix ?

Not a solution - but a question.  If you can access the db via phpmyadmin, be interested in knowing what are the the largest tables.  Might also give a clue as to what happened.  

cheers...

Thanks for reply bro,
I started from scratch, deleted all files from filezilla, deleted and remake new databases also re install mybb latest 
but as soon as i install any plugins, this problem occurs again.
Can't seem to find the error.

Any other idea. I'm betting my site got hacked.