MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login IP History 1.2.3 - by ModMyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Login IP History 1.2.3 Free plugin

Description
This plugin comes with 3 major functions. First of all, next to the sign out button, the last logged in IP is displayed for information to the user. Have a look at the screenshots for a clear view of what this means Smile .

Secondly, on the user control panel dashboard, a new table appears with the last X login IPs and times.

Finally, a user can click view more, to see a full list with even more logs. This means the user control panel dashboard can remain uncluttered, while still providing the functionality of showing more logs in IP history.

The plugin is customisable in the sense that the last login IP next to the sign out button can be disabled. The max items to show on the user control panel dashboard is also configurable. While the total amount of logs to keep per user in the database is also configurable.

The plugin includes geolocalisation, showing the user's country and city.

The plugin also allows you to define an administrator usergroup which can see the login history logs for any user.

Includes language file and is fully compatible with multi-language forums.

Changelog
Full changelog available at ModMyBB

See the full details page for more information, this is a free plugin.

Screenshots:
[attachment=43173][attachment=43177][attachment=43174][attachment=43178]

Technical Requirements: MyBB 1.8, PHP 4+

Software End User License Agreement

Download
The download is available for free at ModMyBB and also available at the mods site.

Feedback
Always open to feedback and suggestions Smile . Just ping me through one of the below channels or reply to this thread!

Questions and Support
- By private message
- By e-mail to [email protected]
- By sending messages to our Facebook page (preferred way of contact)
Nice sharing Kevin...
If you add one more column of country and city according to IP then it is excellent.
+1.

Also, if you add setting for who can view login history then it will be more helpful.
(2020-08-09, 07:52 PM)Dr_The_One Wrote: [ -> ]Nice sharing Kevin...
If you add one more column of country and city according to IP then it is excellent.
+1.

Also, if you add setting for who can view login history then it will be more helpful.

Thanks for the suggestions Dr_The_One!

The plugin has been updated to Version 1.1 Smile

It now contains geo location capabilities (country and city), as well as usergroup permissions.

Download
The updated version is available for free at ModMyBB and also available at the mods site.
Thanks Kevin for update.

One important feature requires that Admin should able to see login history of any user in user's profile even in setting "Usergroups allowed to see the login history tables in the User Control Panel" is disable for that user's usergroup.
Hope you understand.
Thanks.
@Dr_The_One changes implemented and added a few new settings for all this. Give it a try and let me know what you think!

The full changelog is available here
Thanks for Update. Working Perfectly.
+1 for upodate.
Thanks.

One Issue i found:
In setting - Usergroups allowed to see the login history tables in the User Control Panel
Only users from these usergroups will see the history tables in the control panel. Note that this does not affect the last login IP in the header (next to sign out).

If I kept none then also all usergroup able to see login IP history table.
Please Fix it.
Hi Dr_The_One

I quickly tested it again and I don't see any issues. If the setting is set to none, the link does not show up in the UserCP, and the table does not appear neither.

Can you send a screenshot of your settings and the issue please? Might be a specific settings combination is needed for this issue Wink

See my configurations here: http://prntscr.com/txy9sx

For the setting Usergroups of users which should be logged - the plugin only keeps the login history for these users. Every time the user logs in, it is saved. If the user is not in this group, there will not be any data. This can be useful if you only want to enable the feature for admins security, then you don't need to log every user login (and you can save space and performance on your database).

It's a separate setting, because if you want to see user's login history -- but you don't want them to be able to see their own history, you'd still need to log it, while denying them access to the login history page.

Let me know if it's still unclear! Smile
Yes, I understand it. Suppose if i want to keep eye on specific usergroup login history without showing them login history page then I MUST include that usergroup in logged setting.

Here is my setting :
https://prnt.sc/txyg4w

I want to see login history page of some specific usergroups but I dont want them to see their login history page.
Something is wrong in setting/plugin otherwise you had given all features which I need.

Before this update 1.2.1, earlier version works fine.
(2020-08-11, 07:04 PM)Dr_The_One Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I understand it. Suppose if i want to keep eye on specific usergroup login history without showing them login history page then I MUST include that usergroup in logged setting.

Here is my setting :
https://prnt.sc/txyg4w

I want to see login history page of some specific  usergroups but I dont want them to see their login history page.
Something is wrong in setting/plugin otherwise you had given all features which I need.

Before this update 1.2.1, earlier version works fine.

Hi Dr_The_One

Indeed, you understood the setting correctly Smile Maybe I should reword it to make it clearer.

As for the issue, it's my mistake - I should have mentioned. To upgrade to 1.2.1 you should uninstall and re-install the plugin. You'll lose the login history until now (but in this case, we're talking about data which does not necessarily have to be persisted anyway), but you'll get all the new settings (you are missing some settings in your admin control panel).

Let me know if that works out!
I first deactivate and uninstall then overwrite update plugin files and then activate and install BUT Issue remain same.
Pages: 1 2 3