MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Paypal mod question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When i click on paypal transactions link i get error server 500 is that because their hasn't been any transactions yet? paypal.php chmod 777 right now.If i chmod paypal.php to something else i get access denied. I posted the 2 screenshot of it.
You should check what you other files are chmodded to. Some random files. I think it may be that your server created the files (via EI) so they have a different owner than if you had uploaded the files manually. If it works with 777 then I would suggest you keep it as 777. The files on my server are 777 and noone hasn't done anything to it yet =/.
Well if the paypal.php is chmod to 777 i get the server 500 if i chmod it to something else i get access to denied i don't have permission...
Oh I didn't see the second screenshot properly. You need to set the permissions on the file back to what they were so you can view the paypal page.

I forgot to add the steps to add the permissions options.
If you have installed the Advanced Plugins mod you can use the Auto Install option to update your plugin and you won't have to do the steps below.
Or you will have to follow the instructions below.

Open admin/adminoptions.php
Find
"canrunmaint" => addslashes($newperms['canrunmaint']),
And after it add
"canusepaypal" => addslashes($newperms['canusepaypal']),

Find
makeyesnocode($lang->can_use_maint, "newperms[canrunmaint]", $permissions['canrunmaint']);
And after it add
makeyesnocode("Can look at PayPal transactions", "newperms[canusepaypal]", $permissions['canusepaypal']);

Either way you will have to goto "Admin Permissions" and give yourself access to the PayPal page.

EDIT: Made it slightly clearer.
You the man it works great thanks...
Would you be able to provide feedback on the way it works?
I'm not sure if it will work. PP have a testing area where you can test these things, but I've not been able to test it in a live environment.
Not sure when i will have my site live yet but i will let you know if paypal works after i get my site up and running 100%.
Thanks Smile