MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Member number ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure if this is a plugin or just an easy tweak or whether it already exists.

Just migrated from IPB (spit) and that had a 'member number' show in the profile and next to the username in thread posts.
ie: First person to join is member #1.  100th person to join is Member #100.

Is this doable in myBB ?
Might be possible to edit the templates and add the correct variable (probably {$post['uid']}).
Not really sure it's directly accessible, but you can try.
Sure can by editing some templates!

Open up postbit template

Find
{$post['user_details']}

Before, add
Member ID: #{$post['uid']}<br />

For classic postbit mode, you can do a similar change in the postbit_classic template. Give it a try! You can change the location by putting it somewhere else in the templates.

Here you can see the result (I tested on my test forum):

http://prntscr.com/u14fl6
Please notet hat {$post['uid']} isn't formatted. However, a plugin for this would be quite pointless.

If you use the Template Conditionals plugin you could use <?=my_number_format($post['uid'])?>.
(2020-08-17, 09:53 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Please notet hat {$post['uid']} isn't formatted. However, a plugin for this would be quite pointless.

If you use the Template Conditionals plugin you could use <?=my_number_format($post['uid'])?>.

Just wondering, what do you mean with number format? In this case it's just a number, I don't see what has to be formatted.

Edit: okay I realised, the spacing for numbers can make sense Smile. Not sure in this case what OP wants.
Thanks all.
Exactly what I was after. I'll have a play tomorrow.

+ reps all round Smile