MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1.8.22 to 1.8.24 and can't load mybb/install/upgrade.php
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am stupid and rely on the auto update in Softalicious. I tried to auto upgrade, and I was missing the mbstring extension. Fine, I went into PHP version selector and went from 7.2 to 7.3 because I can't leave well enough alone. All extensions that had been checked were now unchecked when I did this. So, I checked mbstring extension because I knew it would be needed. Then I tried auto update again and it needed gd extension. I added that. I ran the upgrade again. For the final step, I am supposed to go to site.com/mybb/install/upgrade.php but it doesn't load. The upgrade.php file exists. I can go to mybb/install/ and get a page that tells me:

MyBB is already installed
Welcome to the installation wizard for MyBB 1.8.24. MyBB has detected it is already configured in this directory.
Please choose a suitable action below:
Upgrade my existing copy of MyBB to 1.8.24 
This option will upgrade your current version of MyBB to MyBB 1.8.24.
You should choose this option when you wish to retain your current forum threads, posts, users and other information.

I choose the option to upgrade to 1.8.24, but it immediately takes me to the . . . install/upgrade.php spot that won't load. 

I am not sure what to do to get it to load or be recognized. Help. Thanks.
Throw your post into View Source to avoid those font codes on a paste.   Long story... Angel

Thought there was a newer thread, but this might help:

https://community.mybb.com/thread-216393.html

cheers...
I edited the code stuff out. Thanks. ;-)

That link directs that user to unlock the installer directory. I have mine set to 755, so I don't think it's locked. I am able to access with my browser the install/index.php file as well (along with no error in my url to the images directory or resources directory). But the upgrade.php results in this:

[attachment=43216]

I've made a mess . . . I followed the directions in your link, but I know realize that going from PHP 7.2.x to 7.3.x caused problems. I've gone back to PHP 7.2.x and the new Upload directory I uploaded is now running and installed.
I have a whole new forum with 7 or 8 years of discussions lost.

Tough lesson to learn the hard way.

All along, I would have been fine to just stick with PHP 7.2.x or to go back to it instead of messing with uploading a new Upload folder as suggested in that other discussion. Darn.
My database is still huge, but the forum is blank. Sigh.
Lesson -- make a backup. Don't be dumb. ;-)