MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Bug in uploading new themes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just downloaded the newest version of MyBB and right from the start I am creating a new theme. Done this many times off the default theme and know how to rename all the areas of the exported default theme to the one I'm creating.

When I import this new theme in the ACP > Themes > Import theme and after the upload, there are the new theme's properties.

In the second section where there is the dropdown for which theme templates this new theme is to follow, the new theme is NOT showing. ONLY the default theme is showing as a choice. See the screenshot.

So if I leave it as is and start tweaking templates for my site, the default templates will also be affected, right? I don't want that.

Is this on purpose now or did I find a bug?

[attachment=43214]
at the templates section, there is a option to add a new set of templates.
please try using that option to create templates set. [Google search results]
(2020-08-22, 03:22 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]at the templates section, there is a option to add a new set of templates.

I thought about that but I spent hours (multitasking) on setting up this thing's style sheets and only found this bug later when I was done with style and went to tweak a template. Will doing this negate all the work I've done? I'll give it a go later today. Thanks

Also, my question as to this being a bug or not has not been answered. Is this an intentional thing? I have a forum that is running on 1.8.22 and all the features are there. yes I know it needs updating. Been busy and am planning on updating that soon.

(2020-08-22, 03:22 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]at the templates section, there is a option to add a new set of templates.

Perfect! Just got the chance to try it and it worked perfectly. If this isn't a bug, maybe add some language in the themes area on how to.

Thank you Smile