MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cannot edit the theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I am having a problem with editing any theme in myBB.

I am completely new to myBB but I had different forums in the past. The problem is that when I try to update the CSS it doesn't seem to save. Or rather it saves but has no effect.

What I do:

ACP > Templates & Styles > Themes > theme name eg default > Edit Stylesheet

At this point I get a list of CSS sheets that I would like to edit, but it seems no matter what I do, there is no change to the way the forum looks.

E.g I go to global.css where I can change the background, color, fonts, logo etc... or I should be able to, but it doesn't have any effect.

When I go to:

ACP > Templates & Styles > Templates > theme name eg default >

it does save, but there I cannot find what I want to change. This is all very confusing to me Sad
Did you refresh your browser after changing css? Or try clearing browser cache.
(2020-08-25, 08:58 PM)panayot Wrote: [ -> ]Did you refresh your browser after changing css? Or try clearing browser cache.

That's it! It seems to work better in Chrome though, when I clear cache in Firefox which is my primary browser it does nothing until the next day...

But thank you for pointing this out, I feel a little silly right now Shy
(2020-08-26, 11:41 AM)asaka Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-08-25, 08:58 PM)panayot Wrote: [ -> ]Did you refresh your browser after changing css? Or try clearing browser cache.

That's it! It seems to work better in Chrome though, when I clear cache in Firefox which is my primary browser it does nothing until the next day...

Glad to see this resolved.
Some important point : Sometimes hard refresh is the way to clear cache. If you use cloudflare, then use developer mode whenever you make such css edits.
(2020-08-26, 02:15 PM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-08-26, 11:41 AM)asaka Wrote: [ -> ]

Glad to see this resolved.
Some important point : Sometimes hard refresh is the way to clear cache. If you use cloudflare, then use developer mode whenever you make such css edits.

That worked even better, but only on Chrome. Firefox is really slow at updating it, so I don't use it anymore.

Funny, when I used a different forum software it was the opposite.... Firefox updated instantly while Chrome took hours.

Thanks for that Smile