MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Three of questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1st. My first question would be, does the MyBB merge system work with SMF 2.1 Beta 2. Can I move my 2.1 beta2 into a MyBB forum?

2nd. My 2nd. question would be: If I had a MyBB board all set up, with no members but myself, is it possible to move just the members from a functioning MyBB board, to the board with no members.

3rd. Is it possible to move a functioning MyBB board to another MyBB board just freshly setup with no members and no topics or postings. The reason for this question is I have a MyBB board I just setup on a site where you open a free MyBB board, so there is no backups, unless there is a way to back it up..
If this is possible it'll move to my Host Server.

Thanks in advance.
Ron.
1] Merge System works with SMF 2.1.x
2] members import is possible through sql import or with csv import like this
3] database backup is required to transfer a forum to another web host
Please note that there is a new merge system in process of being released.

If you haven’t try that new version you can do it.
(2020-08-26, 05:23 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]1] Merge System works with SMF 2.1.x
2] members import is possible through sql import or with csv import like this
3] database backup is required to transfer a forum to another web host

Thanks for your reply, so it does work with 2.1 good.

Transferring the members looks like a rough job.

No way to make a backup of this board..

Looks like I'll try the merge..

Thanks
Ron.

(2020-08-26, 06:48 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Please note that there is a new merge system in process of being released.

If you haven’t try that new version you can do it.

Thanks Omar. Is the new merge system available?

I have never attempted anything like this, I would be better off getting someone with the experince to do it.
Thanks
Ron.
I couldn't find a package so I guess one hasn't been archived.

But if you are going to get somebody to do this for you then that person can probably work with the direct files.
https://github.com/mybb/merge-system
(2020-08-26, 09:42 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]I couldn't find a package so I guess one hasn't been archived.

But if you are going to get somebody to do this for you then that person can probably work with the direct files.
https://github.com/mybb/merge-system

Thanks Omar. I ended up making a complete new forum board, so I'm good togo now.Ron.