MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Development Progress in August
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=43234]

MyBB Development Progress in August

Resolved issues: 0
Merged PRs: 1

Top contributors
Thanks to these contributors who created the most merged pull requests this month!
MyBB 1.8.24

This month we released MyBB 1.8.24 which fixed one high risk security issue! This release came 23 days after MyBB 1.8.23, check out our release insights page to see how it compares with other versions in the MyBB 1.8 series.

Highlights from 1.8.24 is a fix for MyCode message formatting XSS in visual editor which was the second security advisory we have published on GitHub. This was the first time we have requested a CVE identifier for a vulnerability in MyBB which can be viewed at CVE-2020-15139. See a full list of our security advisories on GitHub.

Want to help secure MyBB? See Security Research.

What issues are affecting your community?

We want to know which issues on our tracker that we haven't tackled yet are most important to you. Please let us know what issue in the backlog you think we should be focusing our attention on and include any details in your reply to this thread.

If you would like to contribute to the Project, Get Involved.

Thanks,
The MyBB Team
Lots of more important things in that list.  But somewhat related to this SCEdtor issue:

https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/2458...-263578140

Paste operations in the editor and not an external source would be nice to have fixed:

like this

like this

Of course we all know the work around - I've advised our members to use source mode for ANY paste operation.  Not just copying from MS Word or another site. Rolleyes

If I missed it in the list - apologies.  And appreciate the update, and all the efforts of the mybb team.

cheers...
Thank you for keeping us updated @JordanMussi, this was a slow month but lets see how this one goes Smile
Thanks @JordanMussi, awesome work MyBB team.

(2020-09-02, 08:22 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for keeping us updated @JordanMussi, this was a slow month but lets see how this one goes Smile
Indeed, tough times mate Sad
(2020-09-03, 10:50 AM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks @JordanMussi, awesome work MyBB team.

Stay strong people. It will be over soon.

Anyway, can you give me the link to the github page where the development status of all mybb versions are shown?
(2020-09-18, 04:24 PM)vk_knight Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-09-03, 10:50 AM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks @JordanMussi, awesome work MyBB team.

Stay strong people. It will be over soon.

Anyway, can you give me the link to the github page where the development status of all mybb versions are shown?

You mean https://github.com/mybb/mybb/projects ?
(2020-09-18, 04:55 PM)itsmeJAY Wrote: [ -> ]Stay strong people. It will be over soon.

You mean https://github.com/mybb/mybb/projects ?

Yes, thank you.

But now I have another query after viewing this page. Will there be no updates after the current version (1.8.25 or such sort)?
So... there was a brief push to have monthly updates (June, July, August) to keep the community informed of progress towards the natively-responsive themed version 1.9... but now even the monthly updates have stopped? Any news?
Hey,

Things have been stalled slightly with COVID-19 and real life jobs. We do have plans to bring these out shortly.