MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New Users Cannot Register Because of Bug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"The image verification code that you entered was incorrect" is the error new users get when trying to register. I suspect it's because I enabled "Display a hidden CAPTCHA Do you want to display a hidden CAPTCHA field when a user registers? This may prevent spambots from registering on your forum." to prevent spambots from registering on the forum. I have spent a lot of time creating all the forums and even purchased a style (theme) to go with my mybb installation. I really don't want to have to delete everything and use phpbb but if new users can't register then the forum is pointless...

Please help, I saw on github that it seems this bug was patched in 2018 but idk if it was patched incorrectly or if the theme im using has some recaptcha plugin that I didn't install.

Solved 

Turned off Captcha under configuration > settings > general configuration > from the dropdown, select "NO CAPTCHA"

Turned on Hidden Captcha under configuration > settings > login & registration options > Display a hidden captcha > Yes