MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is it possible to set up mybb without a host?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i imply like eddit issues setp subforums and so forth.? i do not need to waste cash on bandwidth i am not the use of seeing as idk how long it's going to take me to complete.192.168.0.1 routerlogin 192.168.l.l
Are you asking whether MyBB can be set up without a public host, so that you can configure it to your requirements before (eventually) moving it to a public host?

If so: yes, you can set it up on your personal machine. You just need to install a web server (e.g., Apache) with PHP support + a database server (e.g., MariaDB/MySQL). Then, once you've got MyBB configured locally to your requirements, you can purchase public hosting and migrate your MyBB installation from your private machine to the public host. There are a few finicky details to this that you need to know, but if you need help, just ask.
You can setup mybb on a local host, VM, or local network.  See install docs here:

https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/install/

You'll have to interpret the instructions to suit your environment.

cheers...