MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do i move all users from "awaiting activation" to "members"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to move all users in one usergroup to another usergroup. How can I do this? I cant find any option for this.
In ACP, use the "find user" tool to find all users of the initial group, then click "Users (all users)" in the header of the results.
At the end of the page (Inline User Moderation), choose "Change user' usergroup" and you'll be redirected to a page where you can select the new usergroup.
Validate and all is done.
(2020-09-22, 11:24 AM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]In ACP, use the "find user" tool to find all users of the initial group, then click "Users (all users)" in the header of the results.
At the end of the page (Inline User Moderation), choose "Change user' usergroup" and you'll be redirected to a page where you can select the new usergroup.
Validate and all is done.

Great tip.  Thanks.

cheers...
i have over 50k users awaiting activation, this needs to be done page by page. Is there a way to move all at once???
I think you can do it using MySQL:
update mybb_users set usergroup=<GID_DESTINATION> where usergroup=<GID_SOURCE>
Replace <GID_DESTINATION> with the destination group id and <GID_SOURCE> with the source group id.

Think to rebuild the caches after this operation
How do I do it in the mysql? I am not very used to this and worried to do something wrong.
I don't really understand your question.
Use PHPMyAdmin and go in your MyBB database, choose the "SQL" tab and type the query I gave in previous post.
Just take care of "mybb_users" which is the default tablename, if you choosed another prefix it could be "bb_users" or "whateveryouput_users".

BTW, save your database (ACP > Tools & maintenance > Backup) before doing anything.
(2020-09-22, 05:13 PM)bumstead Wrote: [ -> ]How do I do it in the mysql? I am not very used to this and worried to do something wrong.

You asked this in another thread - and received the same answer for a bulk change:

https://community.mybb.com/thread-229394.html

Not sure what else can be explained?

cheers...