MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Started a new site, complete newb. Plugins aren't showing in AP on upload.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am a complete newb at mybb. I just downloaded the latest stable release. I got tired of fighting with problems in phpbb and downloaded this one instead. So far everything is working as I had hoped, but I am having trouble getting the plugins to work. I have tried following the guide to uploading the plugins, each one added to the same directory which is in the file. inc goes into inc, jscript into jscript, etc. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but none of these items are coming up on the plugin section in order to activate the plugin. Do I have to upload all the files directly into the plugin folder and put the inc folder in there instead of in the root folder inc? I don't know what I'm doing wrong. The only ones that has come up so far is the Google SEO plugin and the "Hello World". The Google SEO plugin won't activate because it needs the PluginLibrary, I downloaded it and put the php file into the plugin folder and it is not reading the file as having been added so it keeps telling me I need to download the plugin. I have downloaded quite a few plugins that I would like to incorporate but I am getting frustrated. MyBB Version 1.8.24; PHP Version 7.2.24; SQL Engine: MySQLi 5.7.31
You are right about the folders, inc folder content goes to inc and same with others.
Check inside inc/plugins to see if the plugin file for pluginlibrary.php is actually present inside inc/plugins
That is where MyBB reads the plugins from.
I don't know why it wouldn't show up. I deleted the entire thing and reinstalled. The second time, for some reason it worked as it should have. I couldn't recreate the problem so I don't know why it didn't work. Thank you for the post confirming what I was supposed to do.