MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thank you/Like System
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We used this plugin for years with MyBB 1.6.8 and Thank You/Like System 1.6. I just finally updated MyBB to the current version. Are all our likes/thank yous lost? Or how do I go about bringing them back and updating that plug in?
If it is available in db, then all hope is not lost. Check your DB if you have thank yo/likes data present inside tables.
How do I check in the database? (Sorry for my ignorance!)
You may have access to phpMyAdmin via your web hosting control panel, which will allow you to view your database(s). After opening phpMyAdmin, select your MyBB database and check for the table mybb_g33k_thankyoulike_thankyoulike (the leading mybb_ might be different if you configured a different database prefix when first installing MyBB).

If that table is present, then you're unlikely to lose any likes / thank yous.

(Caveat: to be safe, back up your database before trying this:)

In that case, I'd expect that if you simply installed the latest version of the plugin for MyBB 1.8.*, your likes / thank yous would be preserved, as the plugin does not try to (re)create (or delete) that table if it already exists.

I have not tested this scenario myself though, which is why I added the caveat. If it doesn't work, then please get back to us and we'll try to figure something else out.