MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: idiotic setup of original site version of 1.4.x with chain-loaded databases
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so, I have been using MyBB forum software since sometime around either the 1.2.x version or the 1.4.x version, back when you guys had unofficial documentation explaining how to chain-load a read/write database backend, well, since then I have moved web hosting providers, and have been for well over the last 2 years now, been trying to merge the dual databases into a single database with all of the combined contents, for use with reinstalling the site and getting things up and running again, however, my idiotic self did NOT realize the problems that would cause me down the road, and I thought "YEA, HAVING A SEPARATE DATABASE TO READ FROM AND WRITE TO IS A GREAT IDEA FOR PERFORMANCE" .....WRONG!

so, not knowing jack about SQL, and having nobody to fall back upon to help me, here we are, and thus my post, I am in need of someones help to get this crap merged, given I have all the sites contents combined across these two databases "caffein_mybb" for the write database as set up in the legacy config, and "caffein_mybb_read" as setting up for the legacy config read database

all my attempts have been met with errors and failures to import, the most common error I've had is that its telling me its not going to import the data because of a duplicate primary key

I WILL HAPPILY DO ALL OF THIS BY HAND MYSELF because the site's data is worth the long term pain in my bum to fix it, but I have so far had zero luck with figuring out what SQL commands to execute to get the contents to import successfully, period.  that is the part I am after asking for help with.  this is not a time-critical endeavor, but so far, I have had no success with this, and thus my final resort being (given I never thought to ask here till now) to ask for help here from people more in the know than myself.

would anyone be willing to lend me their time, to help me import the data by hand, please?

I have a local webserver running these with phpmyadmin for the management and attempted importing of the data locally, and the databases are also locally backed up outside of the local web server, so I am more than able to break things in the attempts without any problems, so, by all means, do not feel like you HAVE TO 100% be a god to try and help me here, any help and all help would be highly appreciated!