MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: HOLY MOTHER OF...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Thats ok Smile

If you would like some "php" based stats, then use tPro2. (Also free)

--> tPro2
eek! Another storm of them!

[Image: 1005052309.png]
aren't you glad though? gives your current users and any other potential guests a false sense of activity on your forum Wink

I'm not sure if this is much of a problem though, but the most search engine bots I got was 5 at a time.
Cory Wrote:aren't you glad though? gives your current users and any other potential guests a false sense of activity on your forum Wink

I'm not sure if this is much of a problem though, but the most search engine bots I got was 5 at a time.

Whenever they're on there i 98% of the time get TOO MANY DATABASE CONNECTION errors.
Are they all from the same search engine bot? Like msnbot.msn.com? If they are all from the same IP range

then just IP ban a whole range of them.
Cory Wrote:Are they all from the same search engine bot? Like msnbot.msn.com? If they are all from the same IP range

then just IP ban a whole range of them.

I could, but wouldn't that then lose my place in search engines?
Hmmm...

Possibly, but I didn't send in my forums to any search engines and I still get bots (from inktosearch.com which was odd since I have never even heard of such a place). If you have cpanel, you could send in your site to google and altavista search engines. I'm sure not all of those guests are from one host (and if they are, what's the point of having these things crippling your forums with too many connections errors)
Cory Wrote:Hmmm...

Possibly, but I didn't send in my forums to any search engines and I still get bots (from inktosearch.com which was odd since I have never even heard of such a place). If you have cpanel, you could send in your site to google and altavista search engines. I'm sure not all of those guests are from one host (and if they are, what's the point of having these things crippling your forums with too many connections errors)

Most bots get to your site, from other peoples sites... it works in a spider method...

[Image: spiders.png]
Blue = Sites
Red = Bot Paths
Nice artwork. Toungue
TemplatesForAll Wrote:Nice artwork. Toungue

MS Paint owns :p
Pages: 1 2 3 4