MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help with "Side Box" mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm working with a lightly modded install of myBB on my new forum Diecast Forums. One of the mods I'm using is the "Side Boxes" mod and I'm having some trouble figuring out how to include a login box on the index page like I've seen on a couple of other forums. I was hoping it could be called like the Search Box (uses $search) with something like $login.

I'm also trying to include a simple Sponsor Links box but I'd like the links to be stored in a seperate file. I tried creating s seperate template called sponsor_links but I can't figure out how to include it in Side Boxes (I know I could just add the code directoy to the index page but I'd really rather not have to edit that page every time I want to change a link).

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Have a look at what I have done here www.global-lifeline.co.uk I have used the portal and modified it a touch to give me 3 columns instead of 2, then I simply selected what I want activated in it using admin CP. I am no genius, but feel free to yell if I can help further
Thanks Daveb,

But I was just coming back to post that I had found what I needed here:
http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=7021

Nice to see some community support though!