MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User Image Not Visible for Guests
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I've recently set up a custom field where users can enter in the URL to an image.

This image is then displayed on both their posts by using a div with style="background: url({$post['fid5']});"
and on their profile pages by using a div with style="background: url({$memprofile['fid5']});"

The problem is, the image is viewable on the user's profile page only when that specific user is logged in. I assume this has something to do with the "$memprofile" reference I used, but I am not familiar with the proper tag to put there.

Ideally, I want this image to be visible to anybody, including guests, regardless of login status and independent of their own image. This is already successfully accomplished in posts; I just can't figure it out for profile pages.
Very simple go to Home » Custom Profile Fields » Edit Profile Field

Then scroll down to Viewable By
Select the allowed groups to view this profile field.

And select everyone or whatever u like.
(2020-10-25, 08:11 AM)Dev0908 Wrote: [ -> ]Very simple go to Home » Custom Profile Fields » Edit Profile Field

Then scroll down to Viewable By
Select the allowed groups to view this profile field.

And select everyone or whatever u like.

Unfortunately this is the very first thing I tried (sorry I forgot to mention).

Right now, the field is viewable by "All groups" and this issue still occurs.

Okay, I managed to solve this by using the "profile picture" plugin that lets users upload pictures.

Then, just add this to the profile template:

<div class="whatever you want" style="background: url({$memprofile['profilepic']}) center center no-repeat;"></div>