MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Theme Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi i had a theme i had done on my old mybb webiste and now want to use it on my new site i am makingĀ 
i have done all the files right and uploaded them to the right place in stuff but when trying to up upload
the XML file i get this error.

The following errors were encountered:

MyBB could not find the theme with the file you uploaded. Please check the file is the correct and is not corrupt.
Are your themes/cache directories writeable? (Check under ACP -> Tools & Maintenance)

Are you trying to upload the entire .zip? MyBB specifically expects the .xml and can't handle the .zip. Does this issue persist on all themes, or just this specific theme?
Hi just seems to be this theme all files uploaded right way just get that error when uploading xml file

also what are people using for a clan roster on mybb as cant find one.

see the theme i am trying to use i had backed up from a old website
If you're exporting the theme from one site to another, try exporting the old theme again and uncheck "include customized items only". See if that resolves the issue.

Regarding clan rosters, I don't believe any 1.8 version exists (although someone may correct me if I am mistaken). The closest thing that exists is a 1.6 version. If this is similar to what you need on 1.8, you can try posting a thread in the plugin requests board and see if anyone is willing to take the project on or port it.

https://community.mybb.com/thread-146644.html
ah ok i dont have the website any more it was a theme i had backed up a while back but was going to go back to mybb
ah ya the xroster i used to use that was good back then as the guy had his own webiste and there was a good few addons
there for it but as it stands now hes not about and needs a good update think it can still be used but with no extra so its better than nothing if i send you my xml file in a pm can you have a look and make sure the code at the bottom is right as someone did say the code might be missing a bit
I can't take a look at the XML file by code unfortuantely. I won't be able to fix it this way. See if the issue persists on another theme, and this will tell us whether or not the issue is related to this particular theme or not.
ok no problem thank you for your help Smile