MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Profile Update Redirection?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

I've been slowly cleaning up my usercp profile-edit area (usercp.php?action=profile) by removing and adding different options.
For instance, I've added forms for changing usernames and profile pics. The point of me doing this is so that there is no longer a need for the default pages dedicated to these functions.

The problem is, if I were to type my password wrong when trying to change my username, I would be redirected to the default username change page with the error. Or, if I were to change it successfully, the full-screen success/redirect message would show, but I would again be redirected to the default username change page afterwards.

What I would like to accomplish is:

1. Mimic the success screen, but for errors. If a change failed, show this full-screen message instead of redirecting to the default dedicated page of the option.
  2. Change all redirects to point back to the usercp profile-edit page (usercp.php?action=profile) instead of redirecting to the default dedicated page of the option.

Edit:
Here's a diagram of what I'm talking about, because I feel as though it's hard to explain.

What myBB does
on "edit profile" page > user inputs wrong credential > dedicated setting page with small error box
on "edit profile" page > user inputs right credentials > full-screen success page > dedicated setting page

What I want
on "edit profile" page > user inputs wrong credential > full-screen error page > "edit profile" page
on "edit profile" page > user inputs right credential > full-screen success page > "edit profile" page
You would need a plugin for this, to replicate the other pages processes into the page you want.