MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can be possible to show Prefixe with filter linked lists in forum display ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
is there any possibility to show Prefixe lists in forumdisplay with filterd linked ?

Also can use Xthread , but don't know how to do this with xthread .

In a Xenforo forum i saw this type of work.

preview :- 

[Image: IMG-20201030-191417.jpg]

anyone knows how to do this ?
Mostly it will be possivle witj xthreads application by RateU.
can you describe that ?
any suggestions for this !
I think it's possible to have a plugin doing that.
It's already possible to filter showthread by prefix (example: https://community.mybb.com/forum-176.html?prefix=8), so the job is just to add the selection of the prefix.

I'll try to work on that soon
(2021-01-20, 02:41 PM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]I think it's possible to have a plugin doing that.
It's already possible to filter showthread by prefix (example: https://community.mybb.com/forum-176.html?prefix=8), so the job is just to add the selection of the prefix.

I'll try to work on that soon
Thanks for working on it. I will be waiting for it.
That's quite easy to achieve without any plugins or scripts.

NOTE: This solution will convert the sort by prefix option from drop-down to simple <a>-links. So you must get rid of the prefix option in the bottom sorting menu!

1. Edit template: "forumdisplay_threadlist"
Find and remove the variable {$prefixselect} from the bottom sorting area and copy it to your desired position at the top of the forum list. For example:
{$newthread}
{$prefixselect}

2. Edit "forumdisplay_threadlist_prefixes_prefix"
Make this template just look like this:
<a href="forumdisplay.php?fid={$fid}&prefix={$prefix['pid']}">{$prefix['prefix']}</a>
This template is used to create single element for each prefix - this way it will build simple links (instead of drop-down options)

3. Edit "forumdisplay_threadlist_prefixes"
<a href="forumdisplay.php?fid={$fid}&prefix=-2">{$lang->prefix_any}</a>
<a href="forumdisplay.php?fid={$fid}&prefix=-1">{$lang->prefix_none}</a>
<a href="forumdisplay.php?fid={$fid}&prefix="0">{$lang->prefix_none}</a>
{$prefixselect_prefix}
It's you choice to dismiss the first three links. Only the variable is important!
That's it!

Now you get a generated list of links instead of drop-down options.
You can add a class to the link to style each element using CSS, like this:
<a class="prefix_{$prefix['pid']}" href="forumdisplay.php?fid={$fid}&prefix={$prefix['pid']}">{$prefix['prefix']}</a>
in addition to
.prefix_1 { background: #C00; color: #FFF; ... }
.prefix_2 { background: #00C; color: #FFF; ... }

Good luck!

[ExiTuS]
(2021-01-21, 02:43 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]https://mybb.group/Thread-Add-filtering-...hread-page
By this method only one prefix will be shown and if the thread author didn't choose any prefix at creation of the thread then no prefix will be appear.

i want that all the specific prefixes of a specific forum should be appear in forumdisplay by default. if a user clicks a prefix then he will get all the threads that uses that prefix.