MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cookie Law ? Or another Cookie Pop Up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
You need a CMP in your web or forum. https://iabeurope.eu/cmp-list/

For example, a cookir plugin for wordpress could be cookiebot, but i think that this can not integrate with mybb forum platform. I am not sure, i have not program skill.

The non-essential cookies must be blocked. There are not Interpretation of regulations in this case.
I don't really understand the discussion.
If you want to be RGPD-compliant: don't add any tracker, ads or anything not-MyBB related on your forum, and forbid usage of video embedding or any external feature.
(2020-11-25, 09:58 AM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]I don't really understand the discussion.
If you want to be RGPD-compliant: don't add any tracker, ads or anything not-MyBB related on your forum, and forbid usage of video embedding or any external feature.

Yes, this is correct. But if you have a forum with content, guides, etc. You need the external features, the problem is that. If i can not use the external content, the forum platform is not correct.

I dont know what can i do, one option is close the forum comunity Sad
You can't manage or block cookies from external contents, this is technicaly impossible.
The only solution is to have a short text: "We are not responsible for cookies that could be used by third party content such as external videos".

The EU law don't say you have to block all the cookies, you have to allow user to refuse cookies that YOU manage. It means that you must allow user to deactivate any tracking system you add by yourself.
(2020-11-25, 11:48 AM)grafi Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, this is correct. But if you have a forum with content, guides, etc. You need the external features, the problem is that. If i can not use the external content, the forum platform is not correct.

I dont know what can i do, one option is close the forum comunity Sad

As mentioned, haven't looked at this in depth personally.  A superficial glance suggests to me you're cherry picking specifications from the IAB Europe.  That organisation targets digital marketing and advertising.  As such, not sure we have a balanced view of the issue from a discussion board perspective.

Let me quote from the IAB Europe preamble - link:

The Transparency and Consent Framework consists of a set of technical specifications and policies to which publishers, advertisers, technology providers, and others for whom the Framework is of interest may voluntarily choose to adhere.

Perhaps you could elaborate a bit more on your conclusions.  I see it as an issue we should be aware of, but not the debilitating event you describe.
(2020-11-25, 12:04 PM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]You can't manage or block cookies from external contents, this is technicaly impossible.
The only solution is to have a short text: "We are not responsible for cookies that could be used by third party content such as external videos".

The EU law don't say you have to block all the cookies, you have to allow user to refuse cookies that YOU manage. It means that you must allow user to deactivate any tracking system you add by yourself.

For example, cookiebot for WP. They are blocking all cookies, except non-essential.

https://complianz.io/features/ it is doing similar action.

So, maybe it is neccessary block the cookies (excep non-essential).
(2020-11-25, 01:12 PM)grafi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-11-25, 12:04 PM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]You can't manage or block cookies from external contents, this is technicaly impossible.

For example, cookiebot for WP. They are blocking all cookies, except non-essential.

https://complianz.io/features/ it is doing similar action.

So, maybe it is neccessary block the cookies (excep non-essential).

Afraid I still don't get your point.  Allow cookies not required to navigate or operate your site (non-essential)?  Would think, as @Crazycat mentions - this is out of your direct control anyway.  Blocking essential cookies would render the site inoperable.

Is is possible that's backwards as stated?
I know this is an old thread for all of you. My first post here.

Cookie law in Europe requires an active approval. A button with "I approve" will do. On a form there has to be an unchecked checkbox that is äctively¨checked by the user.

If they refuse cookies send them to a google page stating why cookies are needed for site funtionality.

Most people accept them now.

I have a question.

On my site prepperforum.se I have activated the cookie banner but I cannot click the buttons. I haven¨t been able to find where I can reset the z-index to enable these buttons.

Much obliged for an answer.

(2020-11-23, 09:27 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]My modification is merely HTML modifications to the templates, the functionalities of the original (Cookie Law plugin) plugin are kept.

I wont' be sure if the plugin meets the requirements of European regulations entirely though.

Edit: I have attached a capture of the possible outcomes if you edit the templates of the plugin to look different.

Hej,

This does meet the requirements of the EU because it involves active approval (pressing the right button), another alternative is an unchecked checkbox. Preset does not follow active approval rules. Active approval requires an ACTION from the user.
Pages: 1 2