MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't Remove Plugin Settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I uninstalled a plugin but it still left settings within its own tab at the top of the admin panel. To clarify, I'm not talking about the settings groups easily removable in the modify settings page. This plugin created it's own entire tab/section, right next to "Tools & Maintenance".
have you deleted the that plugin files from your root directory ?
(2020-10-31, 08:46 AM)PARADOXP Wrote: [ -> ]have you deleted the that plugin files from your root directory ?

Yes, all of the plugin files are deleted.
The tab can't exist if the plugin file and the admin/modules/[pluginname] folders still exist. If those are both gone, the tab will be gone since the files that load it will not exist. What plugin are you referring to specifically?

Make sure that the plugin's file in inc/plugins/[plugin-name.php] is gone. Next, go to admin/modules/[plugin-name] and make sure that these are removed as well.
(2020-10-31, 03:57 PM)Darth Apple Wrote: [ -> ]The tab can't exist if the plugin file and the admin/modules/[pluginname] folders still exist. If those are both gone, the tab will be gone since the files that load it will not exist. What plugin are you referring to specifically?

Make sure that the plugin's file in inc/plugins/[plugin-name.php] is gone. Next, go to admin/modules/[plugin-name] and make sure that these are removed as well.

The tab has finally disappeared.

I really want to emphasize though:

I haven't done anything extra whatsoever since making this post (because I had already deleted every possible trace of the plugin files, including both locations you mentioned).

So, somehow the tab still existed despite there being nothing in those two locations. The content of the tab didn't actually show; it just threw a bunch of sql errors because the plugin is uninstalled. But nevertheless, the tab itself still existed.

The browser cache was cleared multiple times as well.

Regardless, thank you for the help! Oh, and the plugin is "My Awards".