MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Where is this language string?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to figure out what file a string is kept in.
On the registration page, under account details is the string "Username". There are so many language files and Username strings... which one is it?

Also, if there is any resource which explains which language files correspond to what parts of the UI (besides simply going by filename) that would help the new user (me) a lot.

Thanks!
This particular one is a global language string. It's under /inc/languages/[your language]/global.lang.php on line 68.

Most of the other registration strings are in /inc/languages/[your language]/member.lang.php, but there are a handful that are in the global file (such as the username as you mention).
(2020-11-03, 04:03 PM)Darth Apple Wrote: [ -> ]This particular one is a global language string. It's under /inc/languages/[your language]/global.lang.php on line 68.

Most of the other registration strings are in /inc/languages/[your language]/member.lang.php, but there are a handful that are in the global file (such as the username as you mention).
OMG thank you so much. I'm feeling pretty lost in this big BB and trying to get it set up. And that GitHub link was super-useful to help me identify the line easily.
I don't suppose you have any idea how many places that modified string will show up now?