MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Edit PMs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am registered on a phpbb forum, and they have the option to edit the PM's that you send, and it edits them on the recipent's pm thingy. Could someone possibly make a mod for MyBB that edits Pms? I really like the feature in the phpbb!

Lydia
You mean like editing a pm that you've already sent?
Why would you want to do that? I mean, you've already sent the pm.
And if the pm will be edited in the other user's Inbox, then he won't notice it if he has already read the pm.
It does seem like a strange feature, but I can see some advantages. If you send a pM saying about a really great site you have seen, but forget to write the url down, you could edit it to add the url on, instead of sending another PM saying "btw, the url is xxxxx"
I've seen this in phpBB3 (dev snapshots). The PM can't be edited after it's been read. Seems like a nice feature.
DrPoodle Wrote:It does seem like a strange feature, but I can see some advantages. If you send a pM saying about a really great site you have seen, but forget to write the url down, you could edit it to add the url on, instead of sending another PM saying "btw, the url is xxxxx"
Yeah. I think it would be useful! Is there any way this can be made for MyBB?

Lydia
...BUMP....
...DOUBLE BUMP...
.. seems like nobody is interested in making it ..
you can also request it here: http://community.mybboard.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9