MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Download Section 1.5.2 -- Installation Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I recently installed the Download Section V1.5.2 mod and got it up and running so far, based on the installation instructions including positioning of the files and editing codes.
I re-checked everything five times, but any time when I try to access any option of the "Downloads" panel in my ACP, I get the message
Access Denied. You do not have permission to access this part of the administration control panel.

This looks very much like the to-be granted Admin permission for eMods right after installation, but I cannot find a place where to grant these certain access rights to my admin(s).

Please help me, because I can't find the error...

Thank you very much in advance.
Best regards,
Dirk
In the ACP under "Users and Groups" click the link that says "Admin Permissions". You can edit your own permissions and the permissions of all of your admins from there. By default, no administrators have access to the downloads section.
I looked in these settings, but there is nothing granting access permission to the Download Section mod.

I already thought it might work the same way like eMods and the database modules, but there is no option for the Downloads Section module.

I thought, I might have made an error while modifying the code of the .php files, but I re-checked everything and it looks to me as if it was exactly like describet in your installation instructions...

Fyi: I have installed and working the eMods extension, the Database Archiver and the Database Configurator/Viewer. All these three Modules seem to work fine with my MyBB 1.1.1 installation. So what did I wrong?

Thanks for your time and support. It is highly appreciated Smile

Best regards,
Dirk
Providing the mod was installed successfully then the permission "Can Manage Downloads" should appear in the admin permissions pages underneath the "Can Use Maintenance Tools" permission. :neutral:
Yes musicalmidget,

that was exactly the permission that was missing.
But meanwhile I fixed the problem.

Maybe it is a scenario that you may want to be aware of:

I set up a fresh installation of MyBB, added some mods and plugins, including the eMods extension, and set the appropriate permissions to the super admin, who was the only existing account at this time.
When I installed the Download Section mod, the panel popped up in the ACP, but the permission setting in Admin Permisssions was missing.

I solved the problem by adding another Account and granting him Super Admin rights. Only then, the option "Can Manage Downloads" appeared in both account permission settings.

Maybe this is an issue with your mod? I don't know, and I haven't had the chance to reproduce the error, but maybe it is an issue with the mod.

Thank you very much for your kind support.
Best regards,
Dirk
I installed it all, and the option was there in the admin permissions section, but it was already set to yes, I clicksed save and now i have access.

You should mention this in your installeation.txt Wink