MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: CAPTCHA problems, new-user registration [1.8.24]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
I recently upgraded from myBB 1.8.22 to 1.8.24
Previously, my board registration had been set to require a reCAPTCHA challenge, and everything was working fine.
After I upgraded to 1.8.24, I eventually got everything working normally again, except that new user registrations had reverted to using the MyBB Default CAPTCHA option.
I went to the Admin General Configuration settings to change it to NoCAPTCHA reCAPTCHA.
I even went to Google's site to generate a new set of public/private key codes and entered those into the Admin interface. Yet as soon as I did that, the interface came back with:
#####
The settings have been updated successfully.
Please note that the CAPTCHA Images for Registration & Posting setting was reverted to MyBB Default Captcha due to the lack of public/private key(s).
#####
I am certain that I entered the key codes exactly as they were given to me by the Google interface.
What am I doing wrong, and why did the upgrade to 1.8.24 break my reCAPTCHA registration routine?

MY FORUM REGISTRATION PAGE:
  https://forums.rmhiherbal.org/member.php

I thought I had understood and followed the instructions at:
  https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/administration/spam/
Looks like a possible regression after the 1824 update.
(2020-11-17, 05:02 AM)noyle Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like a possible regression after the 1824 update.
Does that mean there is nothing I can do about it, except wait for another update?
(2020-11-18, 05:24 PM)rogerwicke Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-11-17, 05:02 AM)noyle Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like a possible regression after the 1824 update.
Does that mean there is nothing I can do about it, except wait for another update?

No. If its confirmed by further testing the issue will be pushed to Github where we track issues and fix along with development.
You can monitor the issue there and apply the patch to your board as soon as a PR comes.

I personally like to inspect that and work for an immediate fix, but I have no setup available for this right away.
OK. I ran a quick test in local setup and I can confirm there is no issue with setting up CAPTCHA keys for any type of available CAPTCHAs.
The update is fine. There must be some issues at your site.
yea same issue here