MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Attachment Thumbnail not shown
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

I am trying to get down another issue I am facing after an upgrade from 1.8.7 to the newest 1.8.24. 

This time, the issue is that attachment thumbnails are not being shown. Instead, only the small filetype icon is.

I do have the Admin CP - Configuration - Attachments - "Enable Attachment Functionality" se to Yes and the "Show Attached Thumbnails in Posts" set to "Thumbnail".

Although I run a custom theme, it uses the default template set, and in that, all the postbit_attachments and all subsequent templates are in their default state, set as the pre-upgrade version that worked fine. 

Trying to google the issue only one thread from 2017 that was left ultimately unanswered ( https://community.mybb.com/thread-208220-page-2.html ), so no help there.

I tried running file consistency check, and that only returned an edit by one of the plugins we use (Google SEO in inc/functions.php). Beforehand, I even ran a plugin validation plugin to make sure I don't have something I found that could also affect templates - A blank space at the start of a plugin file? Something to do with byte order or somesuch...

That being said, I tried checking the page source code and found that the pre-upgrade (from now on the "working" version) had postbit_attachments_thumbnails and postbit_attachments_thumbnails_thumbnail html comments, marking the start and end of the template sections.

The new, from now on called "broken", version did not, leading me to believe this is not, in fact, a template issue. Or an image issue. The images can be accessed via the hyperlink just fine. 

Is it possible this is some sort of mybb bug where the admin panel setting does not take effect? 
I've the exact same problem on mybb 1.8.33 with all standard but new forum logo. - Any idea what is causing such behavior?