MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: delete user and posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I have two qustions.
If I delete a user , will his posts will delete as well ?
if no how I can delete posts by user ?
Barring some sort of customisation, deleting a user does not delete posts.  The username will remain without a profile link - and have "guest" instead of a group name or group title for their posts / threads.  When you delete the user, also remove avatars, signatures, subscriptions, or anything else tied to that account.  If my recollection is correct.

Best way I've found for dealing with posts  - short of messing in the database by uid  - remove via the user profile before deleting the account.  But you have to consider other member's posts before you remove threads.

cheers...
you can do this job as following steps .
1st: to ban user ( you should select permanent from Ban lenght list).
2nd: From Baned accounts choose (Prune Threads & Posts) In front of the username you want.
thats it.
(2020-11-18, 01:34 PM)hsnww Wrote: [ -> ]you can do this job as following steps .
1st: to ban user ( you should select permanent from Ban lenght list).
2nd: From Baned accounts choose (Prune Threads & Posts) In front of the username you want.
thats it.

This works. Also you can just use Purge Spammer on the account.
(2020-11-18, 02:39 PM)Sawedoff Wrote: [ -> ]This works. Also you can just use Purge Spammer on the account.

May have to modify your purge spammer settings if post count exceeds what's in your config.  If I recall correctly, will also place an IP ban on the account.  Last used or registration, don't remember. Undecided  The latter I would assume.  Been a while since we used it.