MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Where is the {$prefixselect} template?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I'm trying to edit the template of "{$prefixselect}" but can't seem to find the right one.
To clarify, I want to edit this piece's template code; I'm NOT seeking help on changing it's style via CSS.

This is the little drop-down I'm talking about:
[Image: eWeQRsO.png]

Moreover, these are the templates I've tried editing but they don't seem to affect it:
[Image: TSEysAV.png]
(2020-11-20, 03:06 AM)tomjay78 Wrote: [ -> ]This is the little drop-down I'm talking about:

... and exactly where it is located?
$prefixselect variable gets populated using three different templates based on where it is going to appear.

forumdisplay_threadlist_prefixes by "build_forum_prefix_select()" function.
and
post_prefixselect_single / post_prefixselect_multiple by "build_prefix_select()" function.
(2020-11-20, 04:58 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-11-20, 03:06 AM)tomjay78 Wrote: [ -> ]This is the little drop-down I'm talking about:

... and exactly where it is located?
$prefixselect variable gets populated using three different templates based on where it is going to appear.

forumdisplay_threadlist_prefixes by "build_forum_prefix_select()" function.
and
post_prefixselect_single / post_prefixselect_multiple by "build_prefix_select()" function.

Edit: Solved, thanks for your help. Make sure to edit the correct template. I had to double check and it ended up being post_prefixselect_single.

Hi, thank you for the response.
I'm trying to edit it specifically on the "editpost.php" page and the "newthread.php" page.

I've deleted the contents of the templates I've posted in the picture entirely but the drop-down still exists seemingly unaltered - this is where my confusion is coming from.