MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: unable to upload theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i had downloaded several themes but atleast one cant uploadable to my host then i made a sample forum and uploaded it works but on my members forum cant why?
i had tired of working on this please help me

regards
suresh
Which theme are you having problems with?
i had used every theme that are in mybb forum windows vista theme
now i used this one too
http://www.mybboard.de/component/option,...fo/id,275/

while uploading it says permission denied why?
i asked in mybb forum but no reply from anyone
If you don't have permissions then go to "Admin Permissions" from the main side bar and give your user permissions from the table.
I assume that you might be a second admin if you don't have permissions to install themes? If that's the case, you might need the proper admin to give you permissions instead.
thanks for your reply atleast one had answered in my bb staff
now i understanding what was the problem
i am the main admin and i was trying to upload through ftp

now the question comes do i need to upload form ftp or admin panel

and also what i should do after that
There should be a readme with the theme. Can you provide a link to the theme you are trying to install if there isn't a readme?
As far as I know (not used themes much), you don't need to upload the theme file via FTP. You upload the images via FTP (the only way) and then browse for the theme file on your local machine.
Usually you just have to upload the images to a certain directory (depends on theme) and select the theme file from your computer.
there is read me file in some skins but not this one and also those have readme file also didnt worked to upload

presently which i was trying is
http://www.mybboard.de/component/option,...45b19a61d/

you can also see in my post three i posted link

you see this folders
attachments
codebuttons
deutsch
english
toplinks
and few images

when i try to send attachments by ftp it doesnt upload and gives permission denied

i am not at all understanding what was the problem
This is caused by your domain name registrant and/or hosting company. Plz contact them to get more information