MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Pasting bbcode from 1 post to another shows bbcode tags upon save
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hello! 
mybb 1.8.24
Question is Why if i copy some test from some post of my forum and paste it in editior, save it i see all the bb tags instead of seeng a formated text??
Where is the issue happening?
Can you share site url
Here is an example.
I have formated my first post. Copyed the saved post text and pasted it in Full reply and now you see all the codes. Ah and now i see that it reaaly only shows the font tags. not the bold or color tags. Only font but i didnt change fonts (they are default)

Hello! 
mybb 1.8.24
Question is Why if i copy some test from some post of my forum and paste it in editior, save it i see all the bb tags instead of seeng a formated text??
(2020-11-25, 11:13 AM)Serious Wrote: [ -> ]Here is an example.
I have formated my first post. Copyed the saved post text and pasted it in Full reply and now you see all the codes. Ah and now i see that it reaaly only shows the font tags. not the bold or color tags. Only font but i didnt change fonts (they are default)

Hello! 
mybb 1.8.24

Issue described on some depth in this thread:

https://community.mybb.com/thread-229725.html
(2020-11-25, 12:57 PM)nixer55 Wrote: [ -> ]Issue described on some depth in this thread:

https://community.mybb.com/thread-229725.html

Also very relevant is the third of the three SCEditor-related bugs reported around the same time (you reference the first):

https://community.mybb.com/thread-229727.html

That bug report was pushed to GitHub very recently as issue #4182, and pull requests #4186 and #4187 were submitted only a few hours ago to resolve it.

In the meantime, the little fixunrenderedfonttags.php plugin can be installed for a temporary fix.
Sorry @Laird, no intent to diminish the excellent work you've done on this issue.  Afraid I'm guilty for linking the first post I could find easily. Angel
No problem at all. Smile
(2020-11-25, 01:24 PM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]In the meantime, the little fixunrenderedfonttags.php plugin can be installed for a temporary fix.
Im sorry but it is faulty i think....
Now when i actrivated the plugin copied and pasted text is microscopic. It is so tiny that itis not readable.
[attachment=43526]

Another thing i wanted to ask - Why do i get all this crap and rubbish in bbcode after i copy a text from anywhere then i paste it in ceditor and i press "A with minus" aka "Clear formating" but i still get a dirt BBcode that leads to getting spaces between lines where there arent any and many other issues in text formating
this is a timical line in bbcode mode
[color=#111111][size=small][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=medium][size=medium]:emophone: 8(498)913-01-10[/size][/size][/font][/size][/color]

I do not color it or change font. I press clear formating several times and still get this rubbish..,
Clreaning big test from this is so difficult..
(2020-11-25, 08:21 PM)Serious Wrote: [ -> ]Im sorry but it is faulty i think....
Now when i actrivated the plugin copied and pasted text is microscopic. It is so tiny that itis not readable.

That's probably not the plugin, it's probably the second of the three SCEditor bugs alluded to above - the only one not yet linked to in this thread so far: the 'reduced size on paste of unformatted text' bug.

(2020-11-25, 08:21 PM)Serious Wrote: [ -> ]Another thing i wanted to ask - Why do i get all this crap and rubbish in bbcode after i copy a text from anywhere then i paste it in ceditor and i press "A with minus" aka "Clear formating" but i still get a dirt BBcode that leads to getting spaces between lines where there arent any and many other issues in text formating
this is a timical line in bbcode mode
[color=#111111][size=small][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][size=medium][size=medium]:emophone: 8(498)913-01-10[/size][/size][/font][/size][/color]

I do not color it or change font. I press clear formating several times and still get this rubbish..,
Clreaning big test from this is so difficult..

That's probably mostly due to the bug to whose report nixer55 linked above: the 'redundant tags on paste of unformatted text' bug.

Looks like you've hit the trifecta of SCEditor bugs!

If you're desperate for a complete fix and are willing to put into production code that hasn't yet been merged into the MyBB GitHub repository, then in addition to the little plugin you've installed, also try replacing the jscripts/bbcodes_sceditor.js file with the version from pull request #4186: you can download it here.
Still the same nano text )
Pages: 1 2 3 4