MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: how to set {$activebit} text limit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
in my forum if thread subject is big then its shows like that

[Image: 359e0727d288353bd0362e9944a37d0f.png]

so i want to set limit of character
Are you using a plugin to display threads in the header bar? Which one?
It's no big deal to add a cut-down function as long as we know what file to edit.

[ExiTuS]
no i am not using any plugin
If you seek for help, then it's your turn to provide some information as well - or post the URL of your forum for a live-inspection.

[ExiTuS]
If your only motive in limiting the characters is because it styles poorly after a certain point, why not just use responsive CSS to style it properly instead of limiting the character count?
(2020-11-26, 10:38 PM)tomjay78 Wrote: [ -> ]If your only motive in limiting the characters is because it styles poorly after a certain point, why not just use responsive CSS to style it properly instead of limiting the character count?
It is also possible to use CSS for setting the maximum width of this element in combination with overflow:hidden.

[ExiTuS]
here is my url https://darkforums.net/showthread.php?tid=254 . but i dont want to use css for that. i just want to set its limit
Use text-overflow: ellipsis; CSS declaration for your breadcrumb blocks along with 'max-width' property.
i change subject limit. now its ok