MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Email Verification and Mass Emails not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have registrations set to Email Verification and users are reporting that they never get the email. I tested this and it does not work. I also tested sending a mass email that would include emailing to my own account and it never came through either.  I tried googling/searching for fixes and I'm a bit lost. 

* Checked the Email Error Log in tools and there are no errors
* Mail settings are set to PHP mail 
* yes, I checked the spam folder. it's not there. 

Any thoughts on what can cause this? Please be detailed, I'm new to this.
Tey to change setting from php to SMTP.
It may work.
There are many thread for it.
Here is one : https://community.mybb.com/thread-214211...pid1289666
Hello.
Are you using theme?
I am pretty sure you will not have these problems in the deffault theme.
If you using theme then go to style templates - templates - your theme templates .

Check:
Error templates: error no permision template
Header templates: header_welcomeblock_member , header_welcomeblock_guest
Member templates: member_login , member_resedactivation , member_register , member_lostpw

If you use theme ,keep in mind some themes need some...touching.
For example Netpen theme, you need to touch all of these templates above and more.

If you don't have a problem in deffault theme and you want to keep your custom theme then i recommend you to check what of your custom theme templates (above in the list) can be replaced with default theme templates without changing the look of your custom theme.

To do that with short words:

You can install theme with good reputation (i recommend ''Revolution theme'') and check the above templates if they are blue color.
If is in blue color - just copy/paste each specific template in your problematic custom theme templates and if is what i think - it should work.
But before doing that,make sure you saved the current template codes in one text document - just in case you need them back.