MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum with alternate background colors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi, i'm here for ask a help for this thing:

i want a page (home page or another one) with the rows in 2 colors:
example, row1 background rose, row2 background blue, row3 background rose...etc etc.

i show you 2 pictures where you can understand what i mean:

[Image: M14FR2l.jpg]
this page has all the rows white, no difference from one to another one.

[Image: vBSSVIs.jpg]

in this one (original inside mybb) you can see the rows alternate: white and grey.

is possible to know the code that make this ???

thank very much.
You can do that using the css selector tr:nth-child(even) and tr:nth-child(odd)
Finding the good path will depend on your theme.
Yes, you can do that by chanding color of trow1 and trow2 classes in global.css
Go to your theme, (Admin CP > Templates and Style> Theme Name > Global.css > Edit Advanced Mode)
Find .trow1 and .trow2 and change the background color value of both the rows Smile

Regards
WallBB
(2020-12-04, 11:12 AM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]You can do that using the css selector tr:nth-child(even) and tr:nth-child(odd)
Finding the good path will depend on your theme.
thank you for your help.
i have found "nth-child" by a internal search, but i think
even and odd is a different problem.
the user that has answer after you has solved the problem,
but not the main page.
thank the same.
i have appreciate you.

(2020-12-04, 11:13 AM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, you can do that by chanding color of trow1 and trow2 classes in global.css
Go to your theme, (Admin CP > Templates and Style> Theme Name > Global.css > Edit Advanced Mode)
Find .trow1 and .trow2 and change the background color value of both the rows Smile

Regards
WallBB
thank you WallBB, with your address i have follow the 2 codes and changed colors for the pages.
the main page don't has changed, but right now i think, thank to your help. to found
where changed also the main page.

thank you again.
(2020-12-04, 12:06 PM)un_ottico1965 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-12-04, 11:13 AM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, you can do that by chanding color of trow1 and trow2 classes in global.css

Regards
WallBB
thank you WallBB, with your address i have follow the 2 codes and changed colors for the pages.
the main page don't has changed, but right now i think, thank to your help. to found
where changed also the main page.

thank you again.
In regards to your main page, can you share the website url?
I can check which classes are used on homepage. This can certainly be solved by editing forumbit_ templates.

Regards
WallBB